COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
The below applies to the COVID-19 preparedness plan for Millennium Dance Company located in Albertville, MN. Millennium Dance Company is dedicated to the safety and security of our children, families and faculty always, but especially during this uncertain time. Please see below for the following guidelines set forth by Millennium Dance Company and created with the assistance of fellow dance studios from around the country, as well as guidance from the CDC and Minnesota State Government.
1. All persons entering in the building must be fever free without aid for the past 72 hours.
2. All persons entering the building must be cough, sneezing and symptom free for the past 72 hours.
3. All persons having come in contact with a person having tested positive or presumptive for COVID-19 must remain out of the building for 2 weeks and/or until confirmed negative covid test/cleared by a doctor.
4. Any persons having tested positive for COVID 19 must remain out of the building for 2 weeks.
5. All persons with a family member at home showing symptoms of sickness including fever, cough, sneezing, must remain out of the until confirmed negative COVID test and/or confirmed ok by a doctor.
6. All lobby areas will be closed to help prevent congregation in the building.
a. One adult per dancer is allowed in the space if needed (in general for those under the age of 6).
7. All locker room spaces will be closed to prevent congregation in the building.
8. All drinking fountains and refrigerators will be closed to prevent the spread of germs.
9. All dancers and family members ages 5 and older are required to wear a mask on MDC property at all times when NOT actively taking dance class, per state mandate.
a. Masks are not required while dancing in the dance
b. Children ages 2-5 are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
10. Masks are available for purchase at the front desk for $1.00.
11. All staff will be temperature checked at the start of each business day.
a. If a staff member is in alone, they are responsible for confirming a safe temperature of themselves.
12. All staff will wash hands upon entering the building, as well as in between each class.
13. Social distancing markers will be set at the front desk and around the space to assure proper social distancing guidelines.
14. A spacing table will be set in front of the front desk to assure a 6-foot social distancing radius during all transactions and communications.
15. Anyone entering the building will be required to wash hands upon entering.
16. No cash/check will be accepted at this time to help alleviate the spread of germs. Cards, as always, will continue to be accepted as form of payment, and we encourage families to use our online class and payment management system through our website.
17. Each studio room will have its own independent entrance/exit. Please see below for the breakdown as to which entrance to use based on which dance studio you will be taking class in each night.
a. Studio 1 – Back patio entrance
b. Studio 2 – Exterior door around the back side of the building
c. Studio 3 – Exterior door around the back side of the building
d. Studio 4 – side door across from the studio 4 entrance, nearest hair and nail salon
– All doors will be clearly labeled from the outside of the building. Please be considerate of local traffic when dropping off around the building, and please use only the parking lot to park any vehicles related to dance class.
– Creating independent entrances and exits for our classroom allows for a lighter flow of traffic, assuring of social distancing while entering the rooms, and no congregating in
the hallways. We ask that if your dancer needs assistance getting from the building to your vehicle, that you wait outside the door to which they will be coming out of, while
social distancing from other parents. All dancers 8 and under will be released only to a parent; children will not be released without a parent present.
18. All classes will have a 15-minute break in between to allow time for the MDC staff to sanitize all common touch points, as well as to sanitize/steam mop the floors in between classes as well as at the end of each evening. This will also allow for social distancing from the ending of one class, to the start of another. Please do not congregate in the areas outside of the building either before or after dance class.
19. All dancers will be given hand sanitizer upon entrance and exit to their classroom. We encourage handwashing after dance as well.
20. All common touchpoints in the lobby and public areas of the building, including bathrooms and handles will be sanitized several times each evening, as well as at the end of the night.
21. Dancers will only be allowed to bring in a water bottle if they need it, as well as the shoes that they will need for that class. Please limit the layers that you bring into the dance studio.
22. Ballet barres and small, non-handheld props may be used in the classroom, however they will have social distancing markers on them and be sanitized between each use.
23. Restrooms will be open, but we encourage all dancers to use the restroom at home before coming to dance to lessen the trips outside of the studio rooms.
24. All restrooms will be limited to one person at a time to allow for social distancing.
25. All studio floors have been blocked off into 6 foot square sections, and all dancers will be assigned a placement at the start of each class/session. This will remain throughout the session, and is similar to that of the dots that dancers are accustomed to
dancing on previously. Dancers will be placed in every-other 6 foot square to allow for at least 6 feet of social distancing in all directions at all times during their time in dance class.
26. As weather allows, exterior studio doors will remain open to allow for greater airflow.
27. Any dancer not comfortable using the studio for dance class will also have access to taking class virtually through the zoom platform; please contact the studio to make arrangements.
28. Millennium Dance Company has secured a high level sterilant to be used in the space should any positive cases be confirmed from anyone that may have been in the studio. This will be used immediately upon notification of a positive or presumptive case in the spaces where the person in question was in the building.
All dancers participating in summer 2020 and the 2020-21 school year should review the updated waiver through their parent portal. This waiver applies to any and all participants in any Millennium Dance Company camp, class, or activity.
We know that with any change, it will take time to adapt to new practices. The health and safety of our dancers, teachers, and community is our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the studio at email@example.com.